Thursday, January 08, 2009

Who is the Target?

I almost fell off my chair when I read this article. I shall quote a couple sentences from it. Tell me what you think.

"His death (referring to Trooper Good-God bless his soul) is just the latest in what has been a long, difficult and bloody winter for Canadian soldiers - a consequence in part of what a Taliban spokesman suggested is an unconventional off-season effort to target coalition forces, particularly Canadians.
"We have focused on mines these days because that is very helpful to us. We killed so many Canadians, this is not our good luck - we deliberately want to kill Canadians," said the spokesman, who identified himself as Sangaryar, through an interpreter.
"This winter, we will increase suicide attacks and we will not leave our check points. Canadians will be our hot target."

- Steve Rennie, THE CANADIAN PRESS The Canadian Press, 2009 Printed by: The Record January 8, 2009

Do you know what I think? Let's send Canadian soldiers' mothers over there... we have a lot of pent up stress and some debts to settle with them. Be afraid... be very afraid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mom...As the mom of 2 American soldiers..I will proudly stand by your side!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Anonymous said...

I'll be with you too! Us Mom's can take on anyone.

db